fbpx

Thrends: hotel chains expanding in Italy, with the focus on Rome

By Monday, 19 September 2022 11:09

Consultants Thrends say hotel chains are expanding in Italy, with the focus on Rome, and that Italy had 31 chain entries and exits in the first half of this year. 

This was revealed by the quarterly Chains Monitor Italy report, produced by the Rimini-based consulting firm. There were 102 hotels branded in the January-June period of this year, and of these 67% were upscale. However some 71 hotels ceased their affiliation with a chain during the same semester, mostly from the upscale segment (76%), as well as from domestic brands (66%).

158 new properties are coming on line in the next three years

From 2022 to 2025 the development and affiliation of 158 hotels is planned, and of these 73.4% will belong to international groups. Among the new openings in the pipeline, five hotels will belong to the budget segment, 13 to midscale, 72 to upscale and 63 to luxury. Some 26.6% of the new products are hotels that will become part of a domestic chain, while the remaining 73.4% will be linked to international brands: 26.6% American, 12.7% French. and 6.3% British.

Rome will get the lion’s share

The regions that will see the greatest number of new openings are Lazio (22.8%), Lombardy (20.3%), Veneto (15.2%) and Tuscany (10.1%). The top five destinations, by volume of hotels in the pipeline, are Rome (21.5%), Milan (12.7%), Venice (9.5%), Florence (5.1%) and Naples (3.2%). With regard to the type of destination, 39% of the hotels will be located in Italy’s art cities, 20% in business destinations, 11% in beach areas and 8% in leisure venues.

Latest Video

T Hotel Cagliari
Video

T Hotel Cagliari

T Hotel Cagliari, a 4-star design hotel with 205 rooms a TBa…

86
T Hotel Cagliari
Video

T Hotel Cagliari

T Hotel Cagliari, a 4-star design hotel with 205 rooms a TBa…

86

- Our Partners -

- Under the patronage of the Italian Tourist Board -

Image
© 2021 Travel Open Day Srl | All Rights Reserved. - P.IVA IT13119651001